Tuesday, April 9, 2019

FOOD AND ACTIVITIES WHILE YOU WAIT FOR SPRING!

Is it really spring?  I sure wish someone would tell the weather it is so!

It's true, our snow has melted and is gone - however, the temperatures continue to be much below seasonal normal, the winds are strong and straight out of the north, and the weather is still reporting wind chill values.

I no longer have my snow boots on, but I still wear a heavy wool coat with a hoodie beneath it, and gloves every morning when I go for my walk.

It's difficult to stay excited about things like gardening and seedlings, when it really feels like one should be filling up the freezer with comfort food, and starting some new knitting projects.

I have done both of those activities in the past week.  I have hauled my crock pot out of the bottom of the cupboard and have been making things like hearty soups and stews, and I have even stooped as low as to baking up a batch of home made rolls to go with my crock pot meals... talk about comfort food!

Check these darlings out!



I can't begin to tell you how absolutely wonderful these taste, and how incredible my house smelled while these were baking!

I still have a large bag of these in the freezer - we are trying to be sensible and not eat more than one a day!



I also began a new knitting project  - this time for myself.

I decided I need a nice warm sweater to wear on my early morning walks.  I have a lot of patterns, so I spent the better part of several days, going through patterns and I managed to narrow my choice down to three patterns.



 I chose to knit this one first , and I am doing it with a mocha coloured yarn than I had in my stash.



I will do the other two as well - once I have this one finished, but I will have to buy yarn for the other two patterns.


All three patterns are from a book I have had for many years.  It is full of really nice knit and crochet patterns, and the pattern sizes all start at large and go right up to 4 X, which is something you seldom find in any knit pattern.


So,  even though the weather is not co-operating I am counting my days towards true spring, in my own way.


I posted a new video on my YouTube channel ( taken yesterday) as well.  Don't forget to click the subscribe button when you are there... 




More tomorrow!

Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...