Wednesday, January 23, 2019

SHOULD I DO THIS ONE?

As I so often do, the other evening I was sitting in my rocking chair not sure if I wanted to watch TV or knit, or read, so I picked up my Ipad and decided to see what was new on the Internet.  Most of the times these days I spend my time catching up on Youtubers that I am following - mostly gardeners or crafters, or both... but this time I went to Pinterest.

I hardly ever go there anymore, but I was looking for an image of a quilt I thought I had saved there a couple of years ago, of an old farm house. I couldn't find it on any of my saved categories, but I did find this quilt which really just hit me between the eyes...



Here is the link in case you want to go to the site.


I Love this piece, and would so hang this on my wall 

But seeing it sort of shocked me as well...

I feel like I really, really know this image....

You might feel the same way after looking at some if the images on my last post.


This photograph taken August 2017 is a window on my Grandfather's barn which still stands at the farm that until recently was my Uncle's farm, but now is my cousin's son's farm.




Can you see why I was a little shocked?  It is uncanny how similar my picture is to the quilt.

As I sat looking at the quilt the right side of my brain started to take over, as always seems to happen with me.   I started to consider doing my image as a quilt for my wall.  Why not?  Could I, should I, will I?

Maybe I will.  

I don't believe it would be very difficult if I could find fabric that looked like old boards.

My picture is packed with so much meaning for me.  I look at it and I feel so much in my heart.  It might be an old barn to some, but to me it is a significant piece of my family history - my family's story.  It is a building I have always loved.  One I played in, worked in, and in later years, just sat in and let my thoughts wander in.
It might sit empty now except for storage, but it was the heart of a thriving farm for many many years, and it's contribution to farm life was elemental to those who opened it's big heavy door and entered every day.

It was the heart of the farm, it had a life of it's own, and it is loved by many in my family for where it stands and how it came to be.

When the word HOME was created, I believe they had a building just like this one in mind.

If you haven't read my poem about this barn, then go back to my last post and have a read.  There are some more images that were taken at the same time as the picture above.

So now, I want to do a quilt!

Hmmmmm....


No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...