Thursday, January 3, 2019

I'M SMILING!

I did something yesterday that I have been itching to do for a few months -  I sent my first seed order in!

You can't see my smile, but let me tell you it's been on my face every since I pressed send!

This first order was to Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds.



I ordered some new things to try in my garden this year...


Aunt Molly's Ground Cherry- perfect for summertime snacks and salads and also great for jams and jellies.















Blauhilde Bean
                                                                                    ( Purple Pole)


Chinese Red Noodle Bean
( I can't wait to try these)















Corbaci Pepper
                                                                                    a sweet pepper


Kajari Melon



And these wonderful Queen Lime Orange Zinnia's
I am popping these beauties in my south side flower bed right under my sun room/dining room window!


They have several more varieties of Zinnia's but I am also ordering some from T& T seeds that resemble candy canes, so I am trying to be sensible....whatever that is.

I also spent the day getting my seedling table set up, and while I was at it, I planted a container of greens as an experiment to see if I can grow and harvest them as a cut and come again crop indoors.
The nook is cool which is a good environment for greens, and I have my daylight lamp on them, so we will see what we get.  Hopefully some salad greens!

I don't know about you, but I can't get my eyes off those Zinnia's!

Gosh, I can't wait to grow this lot!





No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...