Saturday, January 12, 2019

ALPACAS, GREENS, AND SLUGGISH CLEANING!

Well more than a week has gone by since my last blog post.

To say I have been in somewhat of a slump, is an understatement.  I seem to have been frozen - brain, body, thoughts, activity - just everything!

I have so much I want to do before spring -  projects to finish, some new ones to make...  Cleaning projects that won't get done unless I do them now, because once spring is here, I will be outside again.

I did start a bit of a purge through my studio.  I have so many craft supplies of crafts I no longer do.  I have been storing them for that just-in-case that all crafters think about.  Truthfully the just-in-case mentality persists with me, but I have taken those items out of the storage drawers I do use all the time, and boxed them up, labeled them and moved them to a different storage area, so that I am no longer always having to sift through those items to get to the things I really need to use.

Just doing this one step has made my containers much lighter, and more organized.

I also got rid of three knitting machines and all their accessories which have been taking up space in my studio.  I was able to gift them to a young woman who runs an Alpaca farm here in Manitoba.  She was as delighted to receive the machines, as I was to get rid of them.  I know they will finally be used as they should be.

Here is her web address - check out her online page.  She has an online store where you can purchase not only wool, but hand-made items made by her.

www.enchantedgrovealpacas.ca

In spring our town has a town-wide garage sale.  You buy a spot on a map and then your garage sale is advertised in the town-wide sale.  My intention is that those boxed supplies will be put on my garage sale table in spring (if I have not opened them between now and then).  There are craft books, ceramic and china heads and hands for doll making.  Every colour of crochet cotton you can image and lots of it.  Buffalo wool still in wrappers, patterns, ribbons, etc.

Aside from what I have set aside to sell, I have also purged and donated three boxes for the recycle center here in town.  Christmas stuff, incomplete balls of crochet cotton, trinkets, some craft supplies, some books, picture frames and more.

My work area does have a lot less clutter, and now I think I will want to start working on some projects on the winter evenings we still have ahead of us.

I have been doing some knitting.  I am working on knitting up all my little balls of yarn, so I have been making some Intarsia squares for a blanket.  I am enjoying these, and happy to see a lot of my very small balls of yarn have vanished.

Here's what I have so far... as you can see it is going to be a very colourful blanket.


Remember a week or so ago I said I planting some greens for salads - a sort of cut and come again idea for having some fresh greens until the garden is planted in spring?

To my amazement, my little wash bucket of greens is coming on beautifully.  I have then growing in the cool part of my studio under my daylight crafting light.

Have a look!


So maybe my slump hasn't been quite as bad as I imagined.  I don't know why I am always so hard on myself.  There is no law saying some down time is a bad thing.  I do know my pace is a lot slower than it has been, but maybe thats okay too.

So - until next time... take care and slug along!





No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...