Friday, January 25, 2019

JUNK JOURNALS AND WIRE SUNCATCHERS!

How can you tell we are smack dab in the middle of winter - besides the obvious?

I can tell, because I am driving myself slightly crazy watching crafting videos and getting so many ideas stacked up in my head that I want to try and make.

I don't need any more projects that are not going to get finished - but having said that - I have completed a few small projects which I will share with you at the end of this post.

Ever hear of a junk journal?

I have always been fascinated with journals and journalling.  Perhaps it's a female thing, but I can see it being something that a lot of girls and women would love to do - if they had a junk journal.

A junk journal - is made from a bunch of different papers, fabrics, anything you can think of really.  It has pages that are all different shapes and sizes, textures  -  it has tabs and pockets and buttons, envelopes - whatever you want it to have.

You can use it for any kind of journalling - for travel, gardening, for recipes, for inspirational material, for music - whatever you want.

They are as busy or as plain as you want to make them, and I am totally in love with them.

I want to make one for gardening.

If I were to make one for gardening, I would use paper from old gardening magazines and maybe some tea-dyed paper, I would use fabric - with flowers on it, I would make my pockets out of pretty seed packets... do you see where I'm going with this?

So - if you are bored with winter and want to make something cute for yourself, or even for a gift - I challenge you to give this a go.  You don't need anything special for supplies just paper, string, a ruler and a pair of scissors, a piece of cardboard from a cereal box, and glue.

Let your junk journal begin!  Here's a great beginner video from Rosa Kelly to get you started.

https://youtu.be/h9Qv-eV4J-s


As promised here are a few projects I finished a week or so ago.  I needed something for my old window now that I have removed the Christmas ornaments that were hanging on it, so I decided to make some wire sun-catchers from things I just had lying around in my studio.

These were so easy to do, and I would have made more to give as gifts, but I ran out of the nice wire...

So I will revisit this again another time...








I made the little tiny angel in the heart above from things I had in my bead box.  Can you see her?


 
the green heart was a pendant given to me by my Mother-in- law years ago.





The fairy and bee where a gift I received from a friend in Ireland this past Christmas.











They look great on my old window -especially when the sun hits them in the evening!



No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...