Tuesday, March 29, 2011

No More Weather Talk!

I have decided that there is absolutely no sense in talking about the weather, Spring, or otherwise - so for now, I'll leave that topic alone.

How was every one's weekend?  We finally finished our dinning room, and I love how it turned out.  Check it out!




This is a difficult room to photograph because it is small and cut up, but you'll get the idea anyway.  Don't you just love my curtains?  I am so proud of them.  I did all 5 windows for $33.00... and I need to thank my SIL Jane for the idea of bringing the curtains down from the top - got the idea from her window treatments last year when we visited them in Chicago.... Thanks Jane!

So what's next?  Our bedroom.  Six years ago I painted all the walls a deep blue.  Now I am going to have the fun job of trying to cover that deep blue.  But I have discovered Home Depot's, Behr paint that is primer and paint in one.  It costs twice as much as other paint products, but covers in one coat.  The dresser that is now in the dining room was cranberry red.  I used this paint and it covered with one coat. 

I am thinking of painting the walls in the bedroom a dark vanilla.  It's somewhere between a soft yellow and gold.  I am going to paint my headboard and chest of drawers the same espresso color I used on the dresser for the dining room, and accent with black and white bedding and curtains.  Well that's the plan anyway, but right now I'm taking a bit of a breather.

Climbing the ladder was a killer to my knee, and so I need to rest it a bit before the next big project.  I'll be having surgery on that bum knee, but will have to wait 6 months to a year for that to happen.

I haven't progressed very far with loading items on my Etsy shop, but now that the dining room is done, perhaps I can get back to that this week.  I have been researching some of the Vintage items I will be selling - I want to get the correct information to my buyers for each and every item... ahhh the Internet is a wonderful tool.

Well off I must go  - have a productive day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...