Thursday, March 31, 2011

The lighter side

Have you ever looked up the word "light" in the dictionary?  There is light, the noun; light, the adverb; light, the adjective; followed by more variations such as lighten, lighter, lightly etc.  It is a writer's nightmare and a bloggers dream...well not really  - but that did sound good!

I am heading to the "lighter side" week by week.  My weigh-in yesterday revealed that I am down 20 lbs since January 1st!  My early morning trek to work is now accomplished in the morning light, thanks to daylight savings time, and the evenings are lighter, longer - well past 7:30 pm to be exact.

Being lighter is physical, and it's also emotional.  Unfortunately the emotional side of lighter is often more difficult to obtain.  In our society more emphasis is placed on the drama of life and living.  Our magazines, television shows, and newspapers are filled with it.  A story about a woman who can perform 550 tasks at one time and is stressed to the max, will hit a magazine cover much quicker than one of a woman who is giddy with happiness because we are trained to believe that we should somehow strive to be more like the woman who can perform 550 tasks at one time, than the woman who is giddy with happiness.

I can't tell you how many times I have sat in a room full of women and listened to them trying to out do each other with their life trials and tribulations.  I have yet to be in such a room and hear a competition of expressed happiness (lightness).

It's a known fact that laughter(lightness) is good for us. Laughing adds years to your life, smiling takes years off your face.  The lighter side of emotions is very very good for us, doing what makes us laugh is very very good for us.

I'm here to help you "lighten" up.  Here are a couple of videos that I know will "lighten" your day.  Forget the things on your list of  "to do's" that you temporarily set aside to read this blog... instead do yourself a favor - visit the "lighter" side for a few minutes... it is very very good for you.

Enjoy -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wp3m1vg06Q


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcV19rylSZc

and last, but not least -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYzuchDBvCs

I don't know about you, but I feel a whole lot "lighter" now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...