Thursday, November 4, 2010

New colors, new bears, and a good friend...

I hope you like the new colors on my blog - I find it nice and restful on the eyes...

I am trying to add some new pictures of my items as I complete them.  This past week I have been concentrating on finishing all the bears I have started as well I have crocheted some little soldiers.  I usually only did these in white/ivory or ecru, but this year decided to color them up.  So I have one for Breast Cancer (2 colors of pink); one in red and navy; one in traditional Christmas red/green... and one in blue and gold.  I won't make too many of these, but it's nice to have something to sell that is suitable for men or boys.

This year I have paid particular attention to that... I have tried to make more bears that could be given to men or boys... so I have done some extra sports bears than I usually do.  They have turned out really good, and tomorrow I will post a picture of the not-so-great skier.  I had some fun trying to glue all the bear parts together to make the bear look like it had fallen to the ground - and I think I just might have pulled it off... I'll let you be my first critics....

On a different note, I'd like to take a minute to tell you about a very special man... his name is Gordon, and he is a cancer survivor.  A couple of years ago Gordon was diagnosed with Colon cancer.  He received chemo and radiation, and then had surgery which resulted in a permanent colostomy.   He had more chemo and radiation again after the colon surgery... and then about a year and a half when he went for a follow-up screening CT they found some tumors on his lungs - so this past January he went in for surgery on his lungs to remove this cancer. 

Recently he had another follow-up CT which found more tumors - again on his lungs, so this past Tuesday he returned to the hospital to have yet another surgery.  He is an amazing survivor - even jokes that they should probably put a zipper in him, so they can just get in there do what they have to do, and then zip him up again.

If you are the praying sort - could you please say a special prayer for Gordon... as he recuperates yet again from a disease that just does not want to let go of him.... we don't either.... so the fight is on.

Thank you, my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...