Tuesday, May 21, 2019

WORKING HARD AND NOT LOVING THE HEAT!

Well, finally I have convinced  myself to take a few minutes away from everything and come in and sit down and write a blog!

Today was a very warm day - I think the warmest we have had yet this spring.  I worked outside all day long planting the vegetable garden, and it was so hot I had to remind myself that this is what we have been waiting for all these months through winter.  Not being someone who likes the heat - I had to remind myself over and over again.

We need rain - the ground is so dry - my garden soil is very sandy so water just vanishes when you add it to the soil.

So - the vegetable garden is coming along. 

So far I have sewed Peas, Onions ( red and white), Beets, Tomatoes (7 varieties, I think), Peppers (3 varieties), Cucumbers ( 3 varieties) Noodle beans,  Scallop squash ( summer squash), Lettuce, Kale  and Corn.

Still to go in - beans, carrots, pumpkins, butternut squash, acorn squash, zucchini , and some turnips for Thanksgiving.

I have also planted some Aunt Molly's ground cherries, which are a citrusy fruit, about the size of a grape.  Great for eating fresh or making jams and jellies.

I have really stepped out of my comfort box this year when it comes to my garden.  I am mixing things up - planting herbs and flowers right in with my vegetables - and really paying attention to companion planting techniques.  I also have a lot more structures in my garden this year - which is fun, but I am hoping that it also is useful.

Just have to tell you - as I am typing this, I have my windows open.  It is about 11pm, and the cows are bellowing somewhere out there.  I live in town, but there are a couple of farms close by.  They must be weaning the calves - seems to me this goes on every spring!


Anyway - I made a little video this evening.  So if you are inclined check it out.

One of these days I will get my real camera out to take some photos - but for now - the videos will have to do...

Take Care everyone...

Oh - and while you are on my you-tube channel - check out the little video I made about my dress cards...

Bye for now!

https://youtu.be/LkVbVOlLFBk

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...