Thursday, May 30, 2019

A BURST PIPE, A REPRIEVE, AND AN ANGEL WITH A GOOD CATCH!

Its a very hot day today, and already the day has been far too exciting for my taste.

We were going to head to Dauphin this morning and do a real good stock-up grocery shop, but then over breakfast we changed our minds and decided that we would put that off for a few days.

So I ventured across the street to water my neighbour's garden, leaving my cell phone at home on the counter.

When I got home, hubby met me at the door saying that a pipe had burst in the closet in his office, and that there was water everywhere.

First thing that went through my head was good thing we changed our plans.

The person who we have always called to do our plumbing had a stroke a few weeks back - and because we live in a small town, you can't just thumb through the yellow pages and find a plumber.

How lucky is it that when men visit they talk a lot about home repairs.  As it happens, just last week when we were having dinner with our neighbours before they left for holidays, the men were discussing a plumbing job that our neighbours had recently completed.  They had used a new guy who turned out to be just great - and our neighbour had passed on the info to my hubby.

We gave him a call, and he was in our house within 10 minutes -  but his first words to us was, had we called just a few minutes later he would have been gone out of town for the day to work on another job.

Would you say, we were being watched over?

I would.  First we were not supposed to be home, but we were.  Then we didn't have a person to call - but we did - and then he wasn't supposed to be in town - but he was.

Yes - for sure we were being watched over.

A new pipe has been installed, the water has been vacuumed up, and the dehumidifier is running in the closet.  I don't remember what I had planned to do this morning, so in frustration, I grabbed my camera and headed outside.

There is not much yet of interest to point a camera at, but I did find a couple of cute photos just waiting to be taken.

I took this one...

then I walked to our new little seating area and took this one...


I looked down the flower bed where yesterday I added a little angel planter that I had put a  marigold in.

And to my surprise - it appears she has managed to catch a recently hatched egg somehow.  My guess would be that the Crackling's have robbed a nest and dropped the egg in flight.


The co-incidence is just too amazing to be real... but there it is even so!


And it's just noon!

Interesting day, so far - can't wait to see what the rest of the day brings!

Have an amazing day, everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...