Wednesday, May 29, 2019

IS THERE SUCH A THING AS BEING DOG-TIRED?

Well, here we are halfway through another week already!  Can the time go any faster, do you think?
I feel like I can't keep up with it.  But I'm trying to!

This week is a little slower paced than the past three or four weeks has been.  Now that the veg garden is planted I can coast a bit until things start to pop through the ground.  So far the only thing up is peas - and to be honest - I never grow peas - so I am wondering why I decided to grow them this year!

Oh well, they will grow, be picked and eaten and pulled all before the first tomato is visible, I am sure, and I will use that space for something else like more kale or lettuce, or such.

My biggest chore this week is watering.  My neighbour has gone away for a couple of weeks, and kindly left me in charge of watering all her big veg garden and beds - along with my own watering - this is taking a bit of my time.  But as much as I am grumbling about it - it has turned hot here, with temps in the 30's C -  so watering is very much needed.

This morning I actually spent some time up in the studio.  I am working on some mug rugs that will be sold in my Etsy shop when I get it up and running.  Today I concentrated on piecing 8 apron mug rugs...

( Couldn't get all 8 on one photo)



They don't look like much yet - but here are a couple of finished ones... Details make all the difference!



I also managed to finish a floppy sun hat for myself.  Made from 100% Cotton.  This will be very useful when outside working in the garden!

So even though I seem to be dog- tired at the end of the day, I have tried to keep my fingers moving.

I also posted a couple of new videos on my YouTube channel the past couple of days.

Today's video is about something I have re-discovered that was gifted to me in 1995...   I had forgotten all about it... till now.

You can watch it here...


I have a lot of cut pieces for different designs of mug rugs, so I will be piecing for days to come, and then I will spend a few days appliqueing everything at once...

Of course when time allows...

I just want to take a moment to say hello to our neighbours to the south, whom have been experiencing severe weather events in the form of violent storms and tornado's.  I have friends, who's families have been affected by these events.  My thoughts and prayers are with you all... please stay safe, everyone.

Take Care everyone - 





No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...