Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Is Fall Coming?

Have you noticed that the days are getting shorter?  The sun is later to rise in the morning, and earlier to bed in the evening.  Have you noticed that your body wants to mimic the sun?  I sure have.  I'm yawning my head off at 9:30 each evening, just counting the minutes till it's 10 and I can start to get ready for bed - and at 5:30 AM - well I'm just not interested in getting out of bed - it's still dark, and even the Robin that usually sits outside my window and sings, is still quiet.

Seems to me that summer is speeding by pretty quickly.  It's been nice and hot, so I know summer is here, my gardens have been beautiful, the birds have been plentiful, the mosquitoes minimal, but I can't help getting the feeling that fall is just around the corner.

Bite your tongue, Dale - some places haven't even really had a summer yet.  My friend in Edmonton tells me about their "summer" which has been cool and wet, and I feel for them, but I still get a feeling that fall is just around the corner.

I have been thinking "fall" thoughts.  I have a craving for cabbage rolls (I usually make a huge batch in September) so this is a little premature... I've been looking a stew beef!!    I have been designing Christmas Cards in my head (last year I didn't even send any out!)  I'm thinking of knitting new mittens and scarves and hats for the winter(it's going to be back in the 90's in a few days time!)  I'm thinking of projects I can work on during the long dark winter evenings ( reminder, reminder - UFO's!)

Thank Goodness most of this is just "In my mind"... reality will present itself soon enough...

Still... I wonder if I should start them mittens... might take awhile to complete, after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...