Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Getting to work!

I set up my work table with a counted cross stitch project last night.  It's been years and years since I have done any of this type of work, even though it was one thing I enjoyed doing very much.  I have three fairly large pictures in various stages of "un-done-ness".  One is a Norman Rockwell (Bottom of the 8th, or 6th, or whatever inning).  This one I started for Gary's office.  Another one is a scene of a Victorian house and garden - it is lovely, and almost finished, but I really don't have any place in my home anymore where it will fit!

The third is a beautiful picture of a young woman, dressed in a deep red coat that has a hood with wide fur trim all around the face.  She has bright blue mittens and scarf, and is holding an arm full of roses.  In the background, you can see a homestead farm.  There is snow on the ground (which is stitched with a pretty blending filament) and snow falling, which is stitched with beads.  When I first saw this pattern, I thought of my Mom.  The woman in the picture resembles my Mother as a young woman, and I actually have a black and white picture of my Mom in which she is standing in the snow in a pretty winter coat, and the open prairie is behind her.  The picture is called Winter Wonderland - but I have renamed it Erna.

This is the picture I'm going to finish first... because I still love this picture and also because the red of the coat is the exact color of my living room accents... and I actually have a spot in mind to hang it.

So for an hour and a half last night I stitched away quietly in my workroom under my good stitching light.  Only 1 problem.... I can't see!  Apparently my eye sight is not what it once was, because I was focusing and re-focusing the whole time.  So tonight, I'm heading to the dollar store on my way home from work for a couple of pairs of stronger reading glasses.  Then I'll be all set to get this project done. 

I think I am going to enjoy this change of pace, and hopefully this time, I'll finish the piece and actually get it hanging on the wall...

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...