Thursday, August 19, 2010

It occurred to me that I have not been talking much about Erndales, which is pretty bad since one of the reasons I started the blog to begin with was to promote Erndales, my craft business.

I have been working on items for my on-line shop and I am in the process of opening a shop on Facebook as well.  But first I need stock, so my fingers have been busy working on items for sale.  I registered for a large craft sale in December as well, so now it's time to get busy.  Currently I am working on Wedding Items.  I have made quite a few little bridal purses, which are really darling, and also some flower girl purses.  I have a Christening Set on the go made from ivory no.5 Crochet thread.  It is going to be beautiful - a true heirloom set with gown, bonnet and booties. The other night when I couldn't sleep I designed a new Angel gown, so I am anxious to make it and see if the finished product comes close to the image in my mind!

Christmas is only months away, and a lot of my sales are Christmas items, so I'll need to restock there too... so the next few months will be busy ones for me.

I hope to be able to post some pictures and links sometime in  early September... 



Okay, so now for more Winter Wheat!... we are getting close to the end of this story... are you saying yeah!!




“Karl!”  Emilie rushed to his side and grabbed his arm with the strength of a man.  “Karl, they are going to take the children away.  Karl, Please!  Tell them that they cannot!” 
Karl reached for Emilie’s hand, and held it tightly.  He could feel her pulse bounding in her small wrist, and he longed to be able to put his arms around her shoulders to comfort her.  He looked at the men at his table, and felt an instant dislike for them both.
“Emilie, sit down while these men tell me what this is all about,”  he said calmly, as he bent and retrieved her chair and forced her to sit back down on it.  He directed his attention back to his visitors.  “Why have you upset her like this?  What is this about?”  he asked for the second time.
Pastor Sharp introduced himself and his companion to Karl, and proceeded to retell the events of Charles Bell’s passing.  Thank God the children were not home, Karl thought as he learned of their father’s tragic end.  To think a man was so distraught that he could take his own life and leave behind seven helpless children filled Karl with unaccustomed rage.
“So you see we must apprehend the children . . . “ Mr. Milton finished his speech.
“I see nothing of the sort, sir,”  Karl spoke now.  “The children have a home here with my family, and that of Frederich and Annie Barnes.  Why can they not remain as they are?”
“Do you honestly say that you can afford to keep all these children?  Don’t you have children of your own as well, Mr. Wright?  And I shouldn’t have to remind you that you have no wife to be a mother to any of these children!”  
He hated the man.  Karl was surprised at the instant reaction to the other man’s presence in his home.  He wanted nothing more than to take Mr. Milton by the scruff of the neck and throw him out the door, but he knew for the benefit of the Bell children, he would not act on his feeling.
“Yes I have two children, who are thriving under Miss Freiheit’s care.  She has been more of mother to them than their own mother ever was.”  He heard himself say, in Emilie’s defense.
“How you choose to raise your children is none of my concern, Mr. Wright; but the fact remains that an unmarried couple raising a bunch of children, is not, I’m afraid, in the best interest of the children.”
“Why you . . .!”  Karl lunged forward and would have reached the offender, if it had not been for Emilie’s small hand pulling him back to his senses.
The pastor rose from his chair, and looked nervously to his companion.  “We did not come here to criticize your methods of child rearing, Mr. Wright; we merely came to inform you of what the law says in regards to the Bell children.  The fact is that they are orphans, and they will be placed into an orphanage until we can be certain that there are no relatives who will claim them.”
“Wouldn’t you think if they had relatives they would have come forward by now?”  Karl asked incredulously.  “We have heard no mention of relatives all these months from the children.”
“Then there probably are none,”  Mr. Milton charged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...