Monday, July 29, 2019

SOME KNITTING AND A BOOK REVIEW!

Now that the garden is doing it's own thing without interference from me, apart from watering and weeding, I have been taking some time to do some of the other things I love.

I have been knitting.

I finished the pullover I was knitting for myself to use on my fall morning walks - it turned out great, and I will have a picture of it soon, I promise - or maybe a video - not sure.

I also started knitting a few items for a new baby in the family that is due to arrive in October.  It is the first child of my nephew Leigh and his wife Jenna, and we already know it is going to be a boy.

So far I have knit a darling little cardigan, a hat (toque style), some baby mittens, and I am now just starting some baby socks.  Again - I will have pictures when I get them all sewn together, washed and blocked...

I have rooted through my huge stash a yarns, and pulled out all the suitable sock yarn I could find, and next I am going to start knitting socks.

I think that is going to be the Christmas gift of choice this year - that and calendars featuring my photography.

Last year, I did a couple of calendars, using Walmart photo - but although the calendars turned out quite nice, it was on the pricey side to print more than a few.  So I am on the hunt for someplace I can get a quantity of them printed, and then I might sell some of them as well as give them as gifts to friends and family.

I also have been doing some reading from my lovely little spot in the pumpkin patch.

I just finished a book called.   The Chilbury Ladies' Choir.   by Jennifer Ryan.



It was a delight to read.

It's about a choir in Chilbury England during WW11, that looses all it's male singers to the war effort, so they continue, much to the horror of the times, as a women's -  only choir.  The story is less about the choir, and more about the individual lives of the women in the choir, as they try to live through a very difficult period of history, for England and indeed most of Europe.

It's a good read with some colourful characters, some historic events, and really good story telling.

The novel was published in 2017, and was Jennifer Ryan's first novel - so I will be keeping my eyes open for her next novel - if one comes along.


If you missed my last two video's taken from my Pumpkin patch last weekend, you can catch it here...

https://youtu.be/iiCowXmzOnQ


https://youtu.be/PSiJ4cElPG0


So now, I'm off to cast some socks on the needles -

Until later -




No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...