Saturday, July 13, 2019

HOW'S THIS FOR A CATCH-UP!

Well, It sure has been awhile since I have sat down to write an blog.

I hope everyone hasn't given up on me, and moved on elsewhere.

It has been a very busy few months here on our little slice of earth.  We have been busy working in the yard, in the gardens and on the hedges, and also just enjoying every minute we can of being outside in the sun and fresh air.  The time will come soon enough when we will be stuck indoors during our long winter months, so now it's time to enjoy the outdoors while we can.

My gardens are not doing as well as I had hoped at the beginning of the season  - but I am not the only one saying that this year.  Once again we find ourselves in an extremely dry and hot summer.  The lack of rain has really taken it's toll on the plants and trees, and also on the insects and birds.

Perhaps I do have more birds and insects than most yards in town,  but that might be because I continue to feed and water both species.

So I water from the hose - it is after all the only way I will have any crop this year.  But even that isn't going to get much in my freezer this year.  I can tell already that yields are not going to be anywhere near where they have been other years.

I do have some successes however.

Remember the Peppermint Stick Zinnia seed I was going to try for the first time this year.... well, just today, the first flower showed it's beauty to me... take a look!


Isn't it gorgeous?

A couple of other Zinnia's new to me as well this year, that are just as fetching are these two...





New tomatoes I am trying this year are these Midnight Snack cherry tomatoes...
They are almost too pretty to eat - I can't wait to try them.


But of course there are some things that have a forever place in my gardens - and they never disappoint.


And Mother Nature never disappoints either, as usual summertime here is a daily show of some of the most breath-taking sunsets you could ever see - we are truly blessed.




The summer hasn't all been about the yard and the gardens and mother nature, I have also been on a knitting frenzy for a few months now.

I have finished my walking sweater for my fall morning walks, - it turned out great - better than I expected.  I have several pairs of socks on the go, and though I have not quite conquered Magic Loop yet, I  have once again become comfortable knitting with DPN's.

Currently I am knitting a darling little baby sweater for an new expected baby in the family, who is due to arrive in October.  It is knit in one piece, which I have never attempted before, and I must say, I am delighted with the way it is turning out.

When I get that project done, I plan to do a reveal Vlog on all my completed knitting projects.

OH yeah - and I have done quite a few Vlogs for YouTube as well, so if you haven't already check them out, if you are interested...

my channel is:    Whatever the Weather may be.

So how's that for a catch-up?

I will try not to be so tardy here in the future.  

Stay Well everyone...

Till Next Time!










No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...