Monday, July 22, 2019

A BEAUTIFUL EVENING, AND SOME BEAUTIFUL IMAGES!

For the past three days we have had a break from the extreme heat and humidity that for weeks had us in it's throes.  I have been able to have the windows and doors open all day long and it has been so nice to be able to leave the air conditioning off and just enjoy the fresh air coming in the windows.

Truly the past three days have been my idea of the perfect summer weather.  I know my perfect summer weather is not what a lot of people would hope for summer, but there it is.

I have never been a heat lover, or a sun-bather, or really much of a beach-goer.  If and when I do sit outside, it's usually in the shade.

But one cannot deny the beauty of summer, and my yard really does showcase a lot of that beauty, each and every day.

I am very very fortunate to be surrounded with Mother Nature's, best of the best.

In particular, I love summer evenings the best - especially that couple of hours just before the sun goes down for the night.  That time of the evening offers a hush of activity - both human, and nature; sometimes a cooling evening breeze, and always the most beautiful light and shadows.

It is the best time to take out the camera and get some really beautiful images - especially of flowers.

That's what I did last evening.  I took an hour, and wandered around my gardens with my camera and just forgot everything except the beauty all around me.  It is amazing when you slow down and really look, what you can see.  And that is precisely why I love the activity of photography.  It forces me to slow down, look carefully, find what inspires me... and then encourages me to take the time, make the effort to get the sharpest, cleanest, image I can  - over and over again.

I often only intend to be out shooting the camera for a few minutes - but most times I loose track of time, and I am out for hours... and always, I am totally relaxed when I do finally go in the house.

So here are a few of the images I managed to catch in my yard, just as the evening sun was saying goodnight to the gardens.  It really was the perfect evening to be wandering around the gardens with camera in hand.

Enjoy!





















No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...