Tuesday, March 27, 2018

THE REVEAL!

It's a beautiful sunny warm spring day here in western Manitoba.  Our snow is all but gone at the front of the house, but the back yard is still covered with deep snow, so I haven't been able to get a glimpse of my big gardens yet - but we are getting closer.

It's been a very slow melt here, which is what the farmers want, I believe.  But I am wanting to hurry spring along so I can get outside and get my hands in some dirt!

Today is a sad Anniversary for me.  It is 34 years that my Mother passed away today.  You would think that 34 years would dull the pain and sorrow of losing her, but it has not.  It never goes away, really.  Not a day goes by without her popping into my memory.  Something she did or said will be right there, as if it was yesterday.  She was younger than I am now when she died, and so she is forever young in my memories.  I miss her, and even though I know we will meet again someday, I can't help thinking about all that we have missed these 34 years.

I snatched this from Face book.... it is exactly how I feel today - and everyday.






And Now - 

I believe I promised you a Reveal.

Here is the before and after pictures of my Shaker cabinet.

I am very happy with the way it turned out.


Now I am moving on to the second cabinet, which is not going to be as much work as this one was, because I am only chalk painting the sides and the top, and leaving the glass doors at the front natural.

In the meantime I can start moving some dolls down into this nice pretty cabinet, and the drawers will hold their outfits.

Enjoy this day, my friends - and hug your loved ones...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...