Saturday, March 31, 2018

A BLESSED EASTER!

Nothing says spring and Easter like new baby lambs.   Lambs have long been an animal associated with Easter and Spring.

Back in our childhood, the Easter cake was often made in the image of a lamb.  Gary tells me every Easter about the Lamb cake that decorated his family's Easter table, made by his Uncle Joe who was a baker and owned his own Bakery for many years.

You don't see Lamb cakes anymore, I guess just one more sign of an ever changing society from traditional to nothing- resembling -traditional- any more.

Lucky for me, I have the wonderful opportunity to see new born lambs about 4 miles down the road from my home.

My friend Diana and her family raise sheep - for meat production, and for wool... and lambing season is in full swing.

She has been sharing some pictures of the new arrivals on social media with her friends, and I have managed to snag an invitation to take my camera for a visit one day, very soon.

I love her posts about her "renegade sheep", her "good sheep", her "ladies in waiting" and her two huge sheep guardian dogs.  All her sheep have names, and she loves them like they are family...

My friend shares her sheep in wonderful detail  - like the day she not only told us, but showed us about Lyla still being pregnant...



and then just days later her heart was broken after Lyla's labour not only took her two unborn lambs' lives, but Lyla's as well.



And then there is Juno - this adorable lamb...

Juno had a great future, until his mother met with a very freak fatal accident with an implement.  But shortly after there was a Mom who had lost her lamb, so Juno's future once again is bright, as he and his new Mom are well on their way towards a perfect bond.



Brown lambs and tiny little white lambs - 




The life of a farmer is never easy, there is joy, there is heartbreak... there is life, and there is death.


Very much like the true meaning of Easter itself - Life, and Death, and Life after Death!


I can't wait to be at Diana's farm seeing these wonderful little animals, and hopefully catching some
 of their beauty and personalities with my camera.



But for now

I wish you all

 A Blessed Easter.







No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...