Thursday, October 5, 2017

TIME TO MAKE CABBAGE ROLLS!

It's time to make cabbage rolls!  Thanksgiving is this weekend and I usually have them done a few weeks before Thanksgiving.

Things kind of snuck up on me this year... more because of the calendar than anything else.  I thought I had another week to go before Thanksgiving, based only on my birthday!  My birthday always falls on or around Thanksgiving, but not, it seems, this year.

But I get it now - so instead of being prepared, I am scrambling to catch up.

I don't know why I am fussing about it anyway, it's just the two of us this year, but even if that is the case, I still like to hold with tradition and make the nice big meal.  In actual fact, I am happy about cooking the big meal, even if we don't have help eating it, because it will mean lots of leftovers, so also lots of extra time in the studio getting ready for my sale.

The other day I finally sat down and started pricing and packing some of the things I have already made, and I am quite surprised at how much I have ready.  I haven't finished the 30 mug rugs yet, for some reason I think they will be the last thing I work on before the sale.  Instead I have been making a few different things to add to the table.

I re-purposed a jewelry stand I had picked up years ago.  It once was painted baby blue and had a cowboy hat on the top peg.  I cut that off, and created another space to hang a necklace or a bracelet, and I shabby'd it up a bit.  I like how it turned out...



I finished 2 plaques.  Welcome Friends and Flakes, is embroidered, and the one with the sheep is painted, and embellished with fabric and yarn.


and I finished up three Christmas door hangers...


Now I am working on a blue jean stocking, and a couple of adorable sleepy-headed angels...

But first it's to the kitchen I go, to make those cabbage rolls.

Have a great day everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...