Monday, August 22, 2016

JUST HORSING AROUND!

It was a beautiful cool weekend here in the Riding Mountains this weekend.  Saturday I was inspired to get a lot of produce processed and put away for the winter - and I managed to accomplish most of what I set out to do.

Sunday I had all kinds of plans - do more vegetables, maybe bake - but the rodeo was in town and I was itching to see some horses.

Lucky for me the parade went right by my driveway because I didn't have too far to go to get some awesome horse pictures.

I have loved horses all my life.  I collected horse figures for many years as a child, even into my early teens.  I have no idea what happened to all those horses that use to sit on a shelf in my bedroom - I'd like to have them now - but they are long gone.

I wasn't disappointed by the beauties that I did get to see Sunday morning, and the rest of the day I pretty much sat up at my desk working on my photos.  I have some beauties to show you.

This beautiful pair were pulling a covered wagon in the parade.  Working horses are so amazing, they have such power, but still are incredibly beautiful animals to watch.  These were lovely, as you can see.

     







This sweetie was one of a team pulling a small wagon.  The horse was quite interested in what I was doing, even neighed at me as it passed me by.  What a beautiful creature!








This was the last entry in the parade and by far the most adorable.  They saved the best for last with this trio.  



This beauty is also one of a team of working horses that is often seen in the evening strolling through town pulling a wagon.  Usually some lucky person is getting a ride through town.

Don't know if this is a Prince or a Princess - I forgot to look - but the horse is gorgeous, outfitted in it's collar and pretty bridles.





I wanted horses, and horses I got - and I didn't even have to step off my driveway!









Not bad for an early morning ride, and I didn't even leave my yard!



No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...