Saturday, August 20, 2016

A LIFE FILLED WITH MIRACLES!

It's been awhile since I have been able to write a blog post.  It's a busy time.  Harvest time.  For me harvesting the garden produce is really in full swing.  Every day I am picking, cleaning, blanching, freezing or canning fresh produce from my garden.  It is why I planted such a large garden after all... I have to remind myself of that fact several times a day!

But is has been great.  We are enjoying the fresh produce, and eating so many better meals because of it.  I find that our meat consumption is much reduced - instead I am searching new recipe's for main meals that contain mostly vegetables.  For a person raised on good farm-raised beef and pork, I am finding that I can be just as satisfied with a casserole containing only vegetables as one with meat.

We had a wonderful almost 3 weeks with our son Jonathan, while he was out here visiting with us, it was great to have him underfoot again.  Now he's gone back home, and it's just the two of us again - but that is okay too!

I want to share a recent picture of little Thomas with you.  Thomas is doing okay - he has much to deal with in his young life, but he is facing his leukemia with an amazing spirit.  This little boy is not whining, feeling sorry for himself, being miserable, he is embracing every special moment that life has to offer, like this one with his Mom and sister.  His spirit is amazing, his love is amazing... he puts a lot of adults I know to shame.
Thomas is an inspiration to all who know and love him.  I thank God for giving us Thomas.

While I am at it, I want to say that my niece Alanna, also is an inspiration.  I can't imagine what she faces every day as she watches Thomas' struggle.  That and having to be seperated from her two other children just so she can be with Thomas at this time, must tear her apart  - I know it does, she is a very tender-hearted woman and mother.  But her strength has no end.  And her children's ability to weather this storm, together and apart speaks volumes about the Mother she is and always has been to her children... even through her own personal tragedies, she has remained the rock of this family.  I thank God for Alanna as well, and I am so proud of her.

Two beautiful miracles in my life filled with many such beautiful miracles I call family.  Each and every member of our family is a blessing to me in their own way - even if I seldom say the words - I feel it every day in my heart.

Embrace your miracles whenever you can - tell them you love them - tell them how proud you are of them.  
Tomorrow is not guaranteed to anyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...