Thursday, January 5, 2012

Special Olympic Scarf Project

I was thinking about yesterday's post about male angels and something was nagging at me about the subject.  Try as I might, I could not think what it was.  So I put it out of my mind and went to the saved photos on my computer looking for pictures to go along with today's post.  For some reason I ended up going through a couple of years of photos, and I found this.



 Imagine my surprise!  I have already designed a tiny wee male/boy angel.  I did this a couple of years ago with the intention of making some to sell at my Christmas sale.  I never made any more than the 1 model, but I did take it to the sale, thinking I could take orders if anyone wanted any.  A lady came along and pretty much talked me into selling her both the boy and girl angel... in fact they were my first sale of the day.  Over the course of the day I was asked many times if I had any little angels, and I kicked myself for not making more of these like I had originally intended.

I completely forgot about these little guys, so now I'll have to search my journals and see if I wrote the pattern for the boy down somewhere....

The Scarf project for the Special Olympics is quickly coming to a close.  The Special Winter Olympics are next month.  My girlfriend inspired me and several other friends of hers to get busy and make scarves for this project.  I intended to make 10 - but alas 4 was all I managed to get done.  On the instructions it was suggested to weave a piece of red yarn somewhere on the scarf showing our Canadian Colour... red.  I decided to go one better and actually make little red maple leafs.
My friend organized her friends superbly, and ended up with 17 scarves to send to Alberta for the Special Olympics.  She is also going to go and watch another friend's daughter compete in the games in  February.  Thank you Denise for including me in your scarf project.  You are a amazing caring woman, and any time you need help with such a project - I am here to help.

Here are my 4 scarves....

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...