Wednesday, December 1, 2010

24 Days Till Christmas!

How did December 1st sneak up on us so quickly?  For that matter what the heck happened to the past couple of weeks of my life?

Sickness, that's what happened.  I've been off work for a week already and I don't think I will be returning to week until next week.  But I am getting slowly better so I won't complain... too much!

I might have been out of commission for the past week - but the world around me has not...

American Thanksgiving, came and went - and because I was home sick, I was able to watch the Macy's Parade for the first time in 24 yrs... how awesome it was!

We had a lot of snowfall here (which I did wish for some time back), so it looks and feels like it should for this time of the year!

My second oldest brother, Mervyn  had a birthday - Happy Birthday Merv - hope you had a great day yesterday!

My friend Gordon, who has been hospitalized for a month has turned a positive corner, and may be able to be home in a week or two.

And I think finally, I just might be ready for my Craft sale on Sunday!
You'll be thinking that my sick time off might have been a great time to catch up on my sale stuff - a natural thought - I had it too - but it didn't actually happen!  But in spite of everything I think I will be ready for my first sale in years, come Sunday.

My crafting friends in the USA have told me that their selling season has not been the greatest due to their economy.  It's frustrating after putting so much time and effort into a sale, and then not even making enough to pay for your table, but with this kind of business anything is possible, and most crafters go into it knowing that the results can vary greatly from year to year.

I will be glad when my sale is behind me, because the "Christmas Spirit" has not had an opportunity to hit me yet.  I have no tree up, no gifts made or bought, no lists made, no cards written, no baking done, I haven't even strung my outside lights yet - while many on my street are already lit up each night.

Well I do have 24 days left to find the spirit.... perhaps I'll have to make another trip to the library and spend some real time in the Christmas section... Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...