Sunday, January 1, 2023

Happy New Year! 2023

 Happy New Year Everyone!  

It's been way too long since I have been here, but my plan is to get back into the practice of updating my blog on a regular basis.

Since I have started my Youtube channel  (Erndales), I have neglected this platform in order to get that one up and running.  While Vlogging is fun - I still prefer to write my thoughts and stories instead of speaking them.  

So lets catch up - 2022...

Good place to start....

I started the year under another threat of cancer.  I had been to see a new family doctor and she had sent me for some tests that suggested I might have cancer of the Uterus.  That was finally confirmed in early May after some surgery, and I was booked for a Total Hysterectomy.  In the meantime, my oldest brother who had been battling leukemia for over 4 years really started to decline.  He lost his eye sight, then the use of one side of his body, and worse of all - he lost his spirit.

Spring came and went - I started my garden with enthusiasm, but after the surgeries started happening, my garden plans just seemed to vanish.  Summer was eaten up with major surgery - fall disappeared while I recovered from surgery, and the world came to a screeching halt for me when my brother passed away in October.

My brother Wayne and I


To say I am glad to see the end of 2022 - is the understatement of all time!

This Christmas season has been a reset for me.  I didn't put my tree up ( first time ever), I didn't cook a big turkey dinner ( first time ever),  I just allowed myself feel the emotions that I have been storing up all year.  It was overdue, and it was a peaceful resolve to re-invest myself back into the life I have with Gary and Jonathan, our son.  

I challenged myself to do Vlogmas on my Youtube channel during the month of December.  A different video every day for 24 days.  I reached deep within myself and shared so many wonderful Christmas memories, which really helped me find the inner peace I so needed.  Sharing my passions for music, writing, crafting, story-telling and most of all, family - reawakened my own spirit.

I'm ready to take on 2023!

Today I am spending the day, preparing a nice meal for Gary and I.  I am delving into my seed catalogs and making my list of seeds to purchase for the gardens.  

I will be making the first entry into my Gratitude Journal, and filling in the first square of my Stitching Journal... both activities I plan to continue all through 2023.

I have plans - lots of them - but I promised myself my first activity of 2023, would be to write this blog!

Mission accomplished - and it feels so good!

So, I hope you come back to me  - my friends and followers out there in the vast cyber world we call the internet.  Lets get this year going together!


I did a little Video yesterday, on making a Gratitude Journal and a Stitching Journal... Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/iwXWWVr2Vwo


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...