Monday, April 18, 2022

ODE TO A CRUMMY POEM AND A MIXED UP DAY!

 I signed into my Blog today, for one purpose only - to print a poem that is on here so I could read it on my Youtube Channel later today.

When I opened my page, and saw how long it's been since I even looked at this page,  it made me pretty ashamed of myself.

Before I started recording Vlogs on Youtube, this was one of my favourite places to be - writing these blogs was one of my favourite things to do... why did I quit?

I suppose the lure of being heard and seen more easily - but in fact I have come to discover that it takes much less effort and time to write a blog, than it does to record, edit and publish a video.

If I am totally honest, making videos, and growing a Youtube channel has left me flat, more times than I could count!

With the millions of Creators,and the amount of available content to view - my channel has still not even reached 1000 subscribers.  I have thought of quitting many times - but now that I do have some regulars who actually do get excited about my content - I have the feeling that I should press on - so I will.

I do need to remind myself that I also had regular viewers here at one time - and I have let them down... so here's me, saying  I'M SORRY  and I'm going to try to at least do one blog a week, starting today!

So what was the poem I was looking for?

Ode to a CraftRoom - written many years ago - or so I thought!  I couldn't find it on here, so I went through my paper files (which I also haven't looked at it years), and I found a hand written draft of the poem that I thought I had finished years ago.

It's horrible - no wonder I haven't finished it or typed it and published it anywhere.  So I guess you know what happened next?

Yes I did - I started re-writing it!  This is not how I wanted the day to go!

So, I have done another about face - I set the poem aside, saved what I have re-written, now I will finish the video without the poem, edit it, upload it, and then get on with what I had first planned to do - and that is continue making crumb blocks for two baby quilts I am working on.

See - not much has changed here at all!

More about the crumb blocks later, but in case you are wondering what I am doing - here's what I am up do at the moment.

See You Soon!







 


No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...