Tuesday, November 3, 2020

IT IS A WONDERFUL WORLD!

With all that is going on, and has been going on in our world this year, it is very easy to get caught up in the negative sentiment that seems to be prevalent everywhere you go, and pretty much with most of the people you meet or associate with.

I suppose it is our own choice as to whether we join that sentiment, or not.  I choose the not version of this conversation.

That's why for a very long time, I have been searching and finding like-minded people on social media.  

That statement might immediately turn you away from this blog post.  So be it!  That also is your choice!

Last fall I happened across a You-tuber from Northumberland England called Kate.  Her Youtube channel is called The Last Homely House.  When I started watching her channel it was The Last Homely House East of the Sea.  Why wouldn't you check out someone who had a channel name like that?  It was her channel name that first drew me to check out her channel.

Kate is almost exactly the same age as I - right down to the month - and I often think we could be twins in our thinking, our love of gardening, animals, and crafting. 

Her channel is not over the top - it's just Kate being Kate - doing what she loves and taking you along through her ordinary day - even when it's just cleaning out her craft room drawers.

When the Pandemic hit and lockdowns were occurring all over the world, Kate created a virtual "LIME GREEN SOFA" in her home, for all her beloved subscribers and viewers.  It was a place we all could gather together to sew or knit, visit, have tea, snacks and conversation.  In other words - she invited her viewers to connect to her and to one another through her channel.

Her idea sky-rocketed!  People from all over the world, including myself started participating with the idea of the "Lime Green Sofa".  Her comment section became a place to have a conversation with other like-minded people, and so Kate took the idea one step further and introduced the lime green sofa to Facebook on her group The Last Homely House East of the Sea.

The Lime Green Sofa Facebook group has only been up for a few weeks, but it too has just exploded.  I have no idea how many members are there already, but the group continues to grow daily.

One woman!  One woman sitting in the comfort of her sewing room where her computer sits off to one side, has connected thousands of like-minded people!

I don't know about you, but it seems to me that she has accomplished more in her short time on Youtube, than any celebrity or politician has in their entire lifetime.

Well done Kate...and Norma, and Eileen....

Who are they, you ask?  

Not telling - find out for yourself!

I have found new friendships, some even close to my own home.  Think of it - a woman half the world away has introduced me to someone in my own area. 

Let that sink in awhile - 

The World IS a Wonderful place - because of people like our Dear Kate.  

Kate  - Thank You from the bottom of my heart.  You have made a difference - and in my mind - that counts for so much more than most of us can hope to accomplish in our lifetime!







4 comments:

  1. What you have written is wonderful I so enjoy her videos and look forward to what Kate will do next.
    Hope that many people read your write up about her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I discovered her around the same time and I’m also close in age. I watched her every day in my sewing studio and she was indeed very comforting. I have since discovered and gotten into out her you tube channels, some are to make believe nad some are more realistic, but none are like hers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly. Let me say it first...I nominate Kate for the Nobel Peace Prize. She has brought comfort, compassion and love back to our world. Thanks you Kare for taking such great care of us.

    ReplyDelete

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...