Sunday, October 25, 2020

October is Out - November is Moving in!

 It seems to me that October went by very fast this year!  

As October's go, it was a particularly special one this year.  I turned 65 on the 13th, and although I really don't get into the number aspect of age a whole lot, I have to admit that this one stung, just a tiny little bit.

The very first thing I thought about on my birthday was my Mom.  She was 61 when she passed away in 1984 - four years younger than I am now, and yet somehow, I considered her a lot older than I believe people consider me.  Does that make sense?  Maybe I am the only one who thinks this - maybe everyone else does think of me as an elderly person - who knows!  

But all that "thinking" has passed now, and instead of pondering my age, I am moving forward to new ventures.  My body may reflect my age, but my mind is that of a much younger person... or again - so I believe!

So what new ventures are ahead, you ask?

Well for one thing, I really want to get my Youtube channel running better than it is.  I need a better camera and some editing capabilities so I can progress to more professional looking Vlogs and Podcasts.  My equipment is pathetic and very frustrating to work with - that has to change - and soon!

Secondly I am determined to get my Etsy shop up and running before Christmas.  I have a lot of work to do towards that end, but hopefully now that gardening season is really over I will have time to really devote to this task.

To that end, I am organizing my studio ( again).  I need space to store my Etsy inventory, I need space to do my packaging/ shipping stuff, and I need to get my computer organized to handle all the "business" end of my shop.

Filling the shop won't be a problem - I have more than enough to open the shop already.

I also am planning A Special Advent Calendar Event on my Youtube channel for this season's Advent.  Starting on Sunday November 29th, I will be doing a video a day for Advent.  Consider it a door opened every day, but instead of getting a piece of candy or chocolate, you will get some kind of Advent treat - from me.

There will be music, crafts, stories, baking, readings, decorating... something different every day from November 29 until Christmas Eve.  

I will be co-ordinating my event with my blog.  So for instance, if we are going to make something together - I will post the pattern or recipe, here on my blog several days before the video - so you can gather your supplies and make along with me.  

I will also post the schedule for the videos a week in advance here on the blog, so you can see what is coming up every day for that week.

I can't wait to get started, I think it will be a fun way to get us to Christmas Eve during a time, when fun is difficult to imagine.  If you are stuck at home - join me - I think you will be entertained enough to want to come back every day for the entire month.

So Out with October 2020 - November is just around the corner - and it's going to be a busy Month!

Stay well everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...