Tuesday, January 7, 2020

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

I am embarrassed at the amount of time that has gone by since I last posted here on my blog - mortified even!

I can blame many things, but I won't.  Suffice to say, I made more video's for my YouTube channel (Whatever the Weather May Be), and neglected my Blog, which I really do regret.

But it's a New Year, and one of the things I really wanted to do to start off my New Year is come back here and start writing at least a bi-weekly blog.  So may today be the first of many for 2020!

How have you all been?  Well I hope!

Since I last posted a few exciting things have happened.  First, I started the McCreary Knitting group.  We had our first meet up in September, and have met once a month since then.  In December we had a Christmas Party where we decided to make a Christmas craft instead of knitting so I made up kits of my little blue jean angels for everyone, and we spent the evening making angels and snacking on gorgeous treats that everyone brought to share. 

Now that the holidays are past us, it's time to get back to our knitting group again!

Speaking of knitting!
I did finish my fall/spring walking sweater  - it turned out great.  It's too warm to wear in the house but will be perfect for walks outside on cooler spring and fall days and evenings.



I also finished two adorable winter hats and a pair of mittens for Baby Llewyn (my nephew's new baby boy).  And winter toques and mittens for Granddaughter's Zhanna and Azaria.

I started a scrappy blanket project which is using up all my tiny balls of leftover yarn and I finally got brave enough to try the Mitered Square Blanket, which as it turns out, is simple to do.  I particularly love this pattern as you add the squares as you go and there is new sewing squares together when you are finished!  It's Brilliant!



I have purchased this pattern from Ravelry, it is the Ardent Shawl by Janina Kallio.  I am going to make two of these, one for my daughter-in-law Sasha, and one for myself.  The yarn I am going to be using in 70% silk and 30% seaweed,  by Handmaiden, purchased from Yarn Canada.


I have enough knitting projects lined up to get me through winter ( Whatever the Weather May Be)... but never far from my mind is the gardening season ahead and all that entails.

So I'll be back tomorrow with a yummy recipe I tried last week - you won't want to miss this one, it's a keeper, for sure!

See You tomorrow!

Till Then...





No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...