Wednesday, February 7, 2018

THE AIRPORT STORY!

I want to share a very special story with you today.

This story is written by my niece Alanna, and it happened last week as she and her son Thomas were waiting to board a plane for home, after spending a few days in Vancouver for Thomas' chemo treatments.

Thomas has childhood leukemia, and has been having a very difficult time with his treatment.  He goes to Vancouver every three months for special tests and chemo treatments, even though he also is receiving chemo at home in his local hospital.

This story will rejuvenate your faith in human kind, it might even make you believe in angels...  Grab a tissue - you might need it by then end - I certainly did.

The Airport Story!


The airport story..
Thursday morning we arrive at Vancouver airport to return home. This time I got Thomas a wheelchair to sit in since past experiences are long 45 min wait standing to go through security. Just like most mornings Thomas was nauseous and his back was really bothering him from the day before L.p.. every time we go through security in Van. We always get pulled to the side so they can search through his chemo bag.😔 but this time the most unusual thing happened.
There were 2 lines today doing the searches. It was now our turn to approach to have our bags gone through. Due to the amount of extra meds we came back with I had put our toiletries in one of the back packs which the security lady grabbed first. The chemo bag was still on the rollers after being xrayed. I told the lady as I pointed to our orange chemo bag... that is my son's chemo bag... we just had chemo yesterday and unfortunately it has a big thing of powder and meds and gels.. everything he needs that he has to take every day. ..
The security lady stopped and looked up at me.. she looked me in the face and said " can I say a prayer for your son". I said of courses you can.
She picked up a pen. Pulled back the sleeve on her jacket and asked me what is your sons name so I can add him to my list ? I said Thomas.. she wrote the T...
She stopped looked up at me and said....
O well that is going to be a easy name to remember. I will most definitely remember that name.. I already say a prayer for another little boy named Thomas he lives in Kelowna and also is fighting cancer.
I stood there kind of in shock. Listening to her talk.. she said... I have been praying for this little boy in Kelowna for over a year...
I had called the wrong number. I left a message thinking it was for my sister's husband Thomas.. And sang happy birthday.
I got a call back from Shelley and she told me about Thomas..
At this point.. I am looking at this lady I'm so confused and I have goose bumps. My brain is trying to think who's Shelley? Then.. out of my mouth I said to the lady. That's my Thomas. We are from kelowna.. my ex husbands girlfriends name is Shelley.
Well the lady stared to freak out she was shouting her name at me like I should know who she was.. she was crying jumping up and down o my Thomas.. o my Thomas.. she came running out from behind the computer and table right up to Thomas sitting at the side in the wheelchair. Thomas and I both not knowing what to say or do she was hugging gave him a kiss on his head.. And was shouting... I have been praying for you my boy for over a year... let me show you on my phone she said.. then she stopped herself.. And said o no I'm working I can not bring out my phone I will get in trouble.
Thomas and I at this point were not sure what had just happened so we left and went down to our gate for departure.
I called Todd and told him what had just happened. His response was no way. Its really interesting how Shelley and her connected I will tell u about it latter. Now i am really curious... As we sat at gate A7 I look at Thomas and said.. we need to go back and get a photo with her. When we got back up to security she was telling everyone what had just happened and then there we were again. Everyone was staring at us from all the excitement. It was like she had won the lottery.
We waited for her to get off shift. We got a photo and she handed me her phone to read the messages between Shelley and herself.
I started to cry goooo figure.. at Christmas Gurcharn sent Shelley a message... " I wish you and your family a merry Christmas. How is Thomas doing? I pray for him every day. I wish I could see a photo of him so I can put a face to his name😇.
I was lost for words. Thomas and I were stunded and emotional.
This beautiful soul. Called a wrong number singing happy birthday to Thomas thinking it was her brother in law. Shelley called her back thinking that it was someone that knew us and she told her Thomas was sick at children's hospital. They both have been keeping in contact for over a year and nothing has never been said to Thomas nor I for that matter. Shelley did not send Gurchran a photo since Todd said she did not think it was her place but on Thursday.. Gurcharn got her wish, Thomas live and in front of her. God works in mysterious ways ðŸ˜‡
I must say this photo and that day have my heart so full because not only have we met a new friend but Seeing both their smiles... well it still gives me goose bumps ðŸŽ—😇 #childhoodcancer #ourjourney





No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...