Sunday, December 31, 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

What does one write on their blog on the eve of  New Year?  A year ago this day, I was reflecting on the year almost past, and wishing for even a better year to come, and that certainly is the case today.

But the year we are leaving wasn't quite what I had expected.  Yes, there were some wonderful times, happy times, healthy times, but there were also more than our share of sad times, frustrated times, and even a few times when we questioned if we would see the end of the year.

We lost very Dear ones in our family this year.  My Dad in January, my Aunt Margaret in October.  There was sickness - our little Thomas continues to battle leukemia; my brother Wayne, now also battles leukemia.  I had several health scares myself this summer.

There was a wedding in our family, a new beginning for a nephew and his bride, and so also for another brother's family.

There were disappointments for all of us - a new year doesn't guarantee there won't be.  In fact in the world we live in today, perhaps there should be a New Year's warning... more disappointments are on their way!

We all have disappointments in our lives - in ourselves, in our friends, in our families, in our communities - the list goes on and on.  Most of us vent our disappointment and move forward, while still others allow their disappointment to boil and fester into anger and even into hate. 

I saw this several times this past year in my own family, but then, I have seen it there in other years as well.

It makes me wonder about human nature. -  why some people forgive, and some just can't. 

Still in all, this is about starting a New Year.  I guess my point is that none of us know what this New Year will bring.  We hope and wish and long for only good things, but we may have to accept the not so good things as well. 

My wish for everyone I love is only the good things - good health, happiness, love.  Enough money to pay the bills, good food to eat.  Sun, when we need it, rain when we need it.  Birdsong in the mornings and marvelous sunsets in the evenings, and a rocking chair on a porch or by the window to enjoy it all.

I also wish for healing for those who need it - both body and mind, and certainly soul.  Forgiveness for your fellow man, including those whose home you shared as a child.

I wish for a cure for Cancer, and a healthier world.

But mostly, I wish for Peace.  Peace inside our hearts, and everywhere in the world that is ours to share. 

It's a tall order and I know we can't get it all - but wishes are free and so is a heart full of love.

Happy New Year Everyone!  May all our wishes for the New Year come true!


No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...