Tuesday, December 19, 2017

DO YOU SEE WHAT I SEE?



Do You See What I See... In a One Horse Open Sleigh?

I believe that might be two Christmas songs.

But there is one more...

Goodwill to Men/Man....

This picture and all it says is why I love the town we live in.

I see a horse - we see lots of horses on our streets here, winter spring, summer fall.

I see a sleigh - Those are abundant too - some with runners like this one, some with wheels, some with both.

I see a dog - Yeah, don't know what's with that, but most of the horse folk working their horses here, either have a dog riding with them, or running along beside them.

I see a man with reins - gotta have him, or her.  This fella is younger than a few of the other local operators, but he's doing it right.

I see a passenger - there is always passengers.  Couples, Old Men, Old Ladies, children, babies, teenagers.

I see a wheelchair -  thump thump goes my heart, and my eyes tear up.

I see Henry - he's the fellow in the wheelchair getting a sleigh ride through town, on a mild winter day.  He's a fellow resident of our town, always the first one to holler hello when he sees you.  He loves to visit, he calls the bingo at the nursing home every week, he makes bird houses shaped like cowboy Hats... That's our Henry, beloved by all.  It's the first time I have seen him on a sleigh, but I'll bet it's not his first ride by any means...

These are the people in my town... I wouldn't trade them for anything or anyone!

I was feeling kind of sorry for myself just moments before this sleigh whizzed past my living room window.  I was blue because our son can't come out for Christmas.  I was blue thinking about the loss of loved ones who had passed this year, and the loss of loved ones who still live, but no longer care.

But then I saw the horse, and the dog, and the man and the wheelchair, and Henry...

And I smiled and smiled and smiled...



No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...