Monday, June 6, 2011

This That and the other Thing!

It's been awhile since I posted here, I truly have been AWOL...and I apologize to my readers for being scarce this past few weeks.

A lot has happened in the past couple of weeks.  Some good, some not so good.

First I would like to congratulate my co-worker, Corri and her soon to be husband Henry, on their recent engagement.  They met on an on-line dating site a couple of years ago and now they are getting married... I couldn't be happier for them.

Another wonderful thing happening, is our nephew Rich and his wife Kate, have announced that they are expecting their first child in November.  This is exciting news for the family.  Congratulations to both of them.  I have a little time yet to get something made, and I have already decided what I want to do.

Some not-so-good news came last week from my long-time friend, Laurie.  Their family cottage is located on Lake Manitoba which has been very unstable from the high water levels this spring.  There had been a threat of flooding for quite some time at Twin Beaches where their cottages were, and so they along with many other cottage owners diligently tried to protect their homes and cottages with sand bags and dikes.  On May 31 there was a very bad wind storm causing extremely high waves, and sadly Laurie's family cottage was lost.  This is so heartbreaking for her family, and my heart goes out to them and all the other people who lost homes and properties against mother nature this year.

We continue to have rain rain and more rain.  My gardens were looking so pathetic for so long and there was nothing I could do about it, but finally this past weekend, we had a bit of a break, so I was able to get out there and plant some annuals and start my own war against the weeds.  I still have a lot of weeds to pull, but I feel a bit more in control than I did at the start of the weekend.

Can you believe that we have had Chip three weeks already!  I have to tell you he is a great little bird.  We have so much fun with him.  He is very active - loves to hang upside down from the top of the cage with one leg, and feed himself a piece of food with the other... Upside down is his favorite position.  I could spend hours watching his antics - well who am I kidding - I do spend hours watching his antics... this might be why I don't seem to be getting much done these days!

Here are a few pictures of my garden... It will be much prettier when things start to bloom.  It's a work in progress for sure...






No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...