Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Birthday Wishes!

I grew up in a family of males. I have 3 older brothers, and 1 younger. I never experienced the sister stuff you see on TV (excuse me - you used to see on TV). Things like sharing clothes and shoes, trying out make-up, hairstyles and the like. The only sisters I've know are my sisters-in-laws... and they are all wonderful sisters to me.

I acquired my sister Jane, when I married her brother 25 yrs ago, and I have to admit, I've always been a little in awe of her. She has always seemed so perfect to me, and I say that in a good way. She's very pretty, she's sweet, kind, a great mother, wife and daughter, and a wonderful sister-in-law... and today is her birthday... Happy Birthday Jane!

If you have been following my blog from the beginning, you will know what my mother-in-law (Jane's mother) has been in a nursing home for quite awhile now. My mother-in-law has not always been an easy person, and as often happens with aging and disease process some of Mom's worst tendencies are now an everyday occurance. We saw a bit of this when we were there visiting, but nothing compared to what Jane has had to endure the past few months.
In her calm way, Jane has handled every situation, and done so with love and devotion of a wonderful daughter... but I know inside she has suffered.

If you are a praying person, my wish today is that you say 1 special prayer for Jane. She deserves so much more than our grattitude for this job she does so well... She needs our prayers and the knowledge that she is not alone - we are all there for her, if not personally, then in our thoughts...


So Jane, have a Very Happy Birthday today... spend the day catering to Jane for a change... tomorrow is yet another day.












No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...