Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Just one of those Days!

It was an interesting day on my street yesterday.  Just after I left for work in the morning, several fire trucks responded to a house fire at the end of my block.  To look at the house this morning, one would not even know there had been a fire, but sadly two dogs perished in the blaze, and two women were taken to the hospital with smoke inhalation.

Then later in the day as Gary was leaving to get me at the bus, there was a car crash right in front of our house.  Two cars going far too fast on a residential street collided on a corner that has stop signs on both sides of the street.  The one car spun out of control and hit the light standard in front of our house.  Had it not been stopped by the light pole, the car would have most likely hit my fence and maybe even our house.

No one was hurt in the accident but both cars had to be towed away from the scene of the accident.

I kept waiting all evening for the 3rd event - but thankfully it did not happen.

So I guess we can be glad that Monday is past us, this week. 

I decided that I would make a bear for my physio therapist.  He has been so great in helping me with my knee problems and in our conversations he has expressed so much interest in my handiwork, so I decided to do a bear for him.

I racked my brain trying to come up with something unique for the bear to hold, something that pertains to Ian's occupation.  Of course I have nothing physio or therapist related so I mixed up a batch of bread dough with the intention of creating something.

I decided I will make a crutch, so I have sketched a diagram to follow, and this evening I will give it a go.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

I have loaded quite a bit of stuff on my Etsy shop, and today I received an email from another Etsy user that she has featured my Baker Bear on her Treasury... Thank you Myra!

I will get a Wiglet added on here for the Etsy shop, just as soon as I figure out where to get one.

So lets get going on this day... have a great one everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...