Friday, April 1, 2011

Country Woman and Me

On Monday I received an email from someone I didn't know in my private home box.  The subject line said "Your Country Woman Poem."  I was intrigued, but I never open emails in my private box from people I don't know.

What to do?

I thought about it for most of the day and decided that I couldn't ignore it, so I opened it to see what it was about.

Apparently sometime in 2005, I had sent a Christmas poem I had written to "County Woman Magazine" and asked them if they would be interested in publishing my poem in their Christmas Issue.

This email was from the Editor of the Country Woman Christmas Book, telling me that they want to publish my poem "Christmas Is" in this years Christmas Book.

I don't even remember sending the poem - but I emailed back and said yes, I would like that.

She informed me that the poem is too long for the space they have allotted for it, so they will edit it, perhaps change a few words and possibly even the title.  This is not the first time this has happened to one of my poems.  A newspaper did the same thing to one of my poems to the extent, that I didn't even recognize it as my work.

I'm hoping that this poem won't become alien to me like the other one did.  I guess I'll just have to wait and see.  Ahhhh... the joys of publication!

In any case I promise I will publish "MY" poem as I wrote it, here, at Christmas time.

I think I am going to get out my hook and some crochet cotton and design a lavish gown for Barbie (or one of her GF's)  I have a hankering to crochet this weekend, and since I have been told to stay off my feet and give my knee a break, seems like crocheting will be a good thing to do.

Enjoy the weekend everyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...