Tuesday, July 24, 2018

A CAMERA CHASING BUMBLE!

When I was out taking pictures in my garden last week there were quite a few bees working around the garden, which is something I had not seen yet this year.  Every other year there have been bees working right along side of me - sometimes we are even working on the same plant, but that has not been the case at all, this year!

I had just left the vegetable garden, but could hear a really loud buzzing sound, so I followed the sound and found this very large Bumble in my Delphiniums up against my garden shed.

I still had my camera in my hand, so I popped the cover off the lens and started shooting.  I didn't have a lens on the camera that would allow me to get a nice close picture so I had to lean in real close to the working bee.  It didn't seem to care that I was only inches away from it for awhile, but after about 20 shots it had enough, and went for the camera.

At first I thought it was just relocating to another flower, but it was out to get the camera.  It backed me away from the plant, and the shed, and when I set my camera down on the grass and stood back it was all over my camera.

I have never had that happen before, so I was kind of shocked - and yes, even a little hurt that one my MY bees would be taking offence to my camera.

I let it win that round, took the camera inside and forgot about the incident.

The next day I was outside picking herbs from that same bed near the shed and I heard it again.  This time it was a very loud buzzing, followed by a funny little buzzing sound, that sounded like a bee with a head cold - it was very cute.

So I stood up, and walked over to the Delphiniums, and sure enough - there was my big attack Bumble, and right beside it working feverishly was the tiniest Bumble I have ever seen!

Adorable...

I think perhaps I now understand the big Bumble's aggression.  And good on her for chasing that black camera out of her zone.

Don't you just love nature?  I am so thankful that I get to spend so much of every day with these amazing little creatures that call my yard their home.   Our is Their yard, my home?  More and more I believe that to be true.

They bring me so much joy, but they also teach me so much about the world around me.  They make me better, and they make me want to be better still.

So here is my big Bumble - before she chased the camera away.  What an image she gave me!




No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...