Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Book Shelf Quilt and a Whole Lot of Glass!

Today is my baby brother's birthday.... Happy Birthday Dean - hope your day is awesome!


Further to yesterday's post - I wanted to show you the book case full of books quilt.  I love this.  Wish I had a den, or a nook in my living room where I could put something like this.



Isn't this the most darling little quilt?  A perfect wall hanging for a den or office, or a nook in a living room.  You can find the pattern for it here on Craftsy.com


http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/quilting/other/bookshelf-quilt/102958

If you are a quilter, there is no end to the patterns to be found there.   In fact they have a lot of patterns of every kind on there, and if you are a beginner, they also offer classes... check it out if you are looking for a winter pastime.


Here are a couple more images from my photo shoot on the Weekend.  I got a little obsessed with glass and light.  My subject was a my Cut-Glass  Czechoslovakian Vase.  So beautiful at any time, but especially so to the camera.


This one was taken with no natural light at all.  Even though the room was dark the camera still managed to pick up some light reflected from another room in the house.
This one was taken at the same time as the one above, but there was a bit of lamp light in the room.


 



This one was taken in natural day light - but not sunlight.  See the fire showing up on the glass from the natural light.

I still want to get one in bright sun-light - can you imagine the colours this glass will display then?

I am hoping that one of these weekends the sun will come out so I can finish my experiment.











For a little bit of fun, I had to shoot my Snowman cookie jar, before I put him away until next winter.


Who knew glass could be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...