Friday, May 31, 2013

Cardi Is Done!

We are getting a lot of wind, rain and cool weather... not exactly what we need or want, but it is what it is.  Hopefully it won't last all weekend, it would be nice to have one nice weekend, but I refuse to dwell on the weather.

Instead I turn to my UFO's.  Wow three completed this week - awesome!  Could be I am on a roll?  I doubt it, but still it does feel nice and it is a little inspiring.

One of my readers says she is inspired too - that's great - sometimes it's all we need is to see someone else's finished projects to get us moving in the right direction.

As promised here is my finished Summer Cardi..  I really love this pattern, and I know I will get lots of compliments on it if it ever warms up enough for me to actually wear it comfortably...

This cotton has a few colours in it so I will be able to wear it with different outfits.  I am very happy with the way it turned out.

So now I'm going to start making daisies...I think I will go with the multi-coloured version of blanket, like my Aunt's - but will perhaps put it together with a funky color like lime, or melon or hot pink.  I'll see what inspires me by the time I get the daisies done.  I will however need to make more than one a day...

These daisies are a great stash-buster project.  I have bags and bags of bits of yarn that I hope to use up on this project.  I knew I was keeping them for something special.

Have a great weekend everyone - get working on those UFO's and hopefully I'll have a pile of daisies to show you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...